New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

February 1st

Take Two: Given a second chance, how would this be different? Rewrite the ending to a book, movie, scene, fable, quote, etc.
Take a moment to consider the goals you set for 2010. Think of the progress you have made as well as the things you haven't started yet.
Tomorrow is February 1st but let's pretend it's a "take two" of January 1st instead. What would you do differently?

Cue idea submitted by Autumn (@autumn_in_jeans)

We Have A Winner! 02/09/10
I think I would have prepared better for the arrival of the 1st. I had vacation at the end of December but didn't make any huge progress towards setting myself up to really get things started on 1/1. Still, it's taken til 2/1 for me to know what to expect this year so maybe it was ok that January was just about trying to find a routine in which I could somehow get to all the things I need and want to do.
Winner:TMC @ Return to Rural (@returntorural)
Reason: That seems to be the key for most of us wanting a "take two". Better preparation.

5 comments:

TMC said...

I think I would have prepared better for the arrival of the 1st. I had vacation at the end of December but didn't make any huge progress towards setting myself up to really get things started on 1/1. Still, it's taken til 2/1 for me to know what to expect this year so maybe it was ok that January was just about trying to find a routine in which I could somehow get to all the things I need and want to do.

Autumn said...

I'd have not drank so much champagne the night before, that much is sure. Other than that I would have started on my long to do list much sooner than I did. Who knows where I'd be now if I had done that!

I also would have double checked my speed when going around that corner so the cop that was sitting there never would have pulled me over. Even though he got my car make wrong, and the real speeder was way off in the distance if I'm honest with myself I probably was going about 5 over.

Victoria JK Dunn said...

I want a Do Over!!

I worked all day on December 31st. I left my husband with the kids It was his birthday he said he didn't mind.
I got home and took out daughter to the swim stroke clinic, waited for a college friend to arrive went and picked her up and headed to the party.
At this party we always burn a box in the box everyone puts what we want to say good bye to and hello to for the new year. I was unprepared I didn't have the information that I needed. I made some joke entries.
Three day later my mother had a biopsy that I was un aware of and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I think If I had been aware and was feeling the the pain of others who I knew to be ill I may have tried to say good bye to illness. I know it it just a superstition but I have been feeling so little prepared for everything this month.

So If I had a do over. I would have stayed home with my husband.
Called my mother,
Come up with better entries to the box (say good bye to everyone's cancer and a Hello to a healthy year for everyone)
I would have planned the year thinking of travel to see my parents.

I am working on the do over.

April said...

This is my first time answering (just found this today)

hmm..I honestly would do nothing over this year so far. I am a newly wed, though so still in honeymoon phase. :-)

If I could rewrite the ending to a book, it would "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin. I had to read this book TWICE in high school and hated it. I mean, she kills herself at the end by weighing herself down with rocks and drowning (sorry to ruin it) and it is supposed to be a great feminist novel. She's supposed to be liberating herself? Please, that is not liberation-that is giving up. I would rewrite it to where she gets a clue and does something productive with her life that really does help liberate women-like helping immigrants get out of prostitution (it was set in the early 1900s).

C. Beth said...

I like writing, and yes, elocution,
And yet I made no resolution.
I should, it's clear,
Restart the New Year--
Resolve...something...that's my solution.

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!