New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Measuring Up

So I Have This Friend: Give your best advice to this friend.
So I have this friend... Somehow she never feels like she measures up to the people around her. What advice can I give her that will help her feel better?

We Have A Winner!!! 05/25/10
My advice? Stop measuring yourself against others. Instead, focus on making the best choices you can each day. Measure only against yourself. Was today better than yesterday?

I'm reminded of my favorite Maya Angelou quote:

"You did the best you could. And when you knew better, you did better."

Being your best doesn't mean being better than others!
Winner: Eternal Lizdom
Reason: Thank you, Liz, for your very realistic answer. Plus, anything with a Maya Angelou quote is alright by me.

7 comments:

Mike Trippiedi said...

Feeling like you don't measure up is a confidence issue. Once you start really observing the people around you - you will notice flaws in them. Those flaws should make you realize that they are no better than you.

Anonymous said...

Platform shoes.

Works every time.

C. Beth said...

Thinking that somehow I am worth less--
It's enough to turn me into an anxious mess!
But I happened to read
(Today! Yes, indeed!)
This awesome quote from good ol' C.S.

(I do think that the "right" kind of self-confidence is connected with the "right" kind of humility. Maybe some day I'll be better at capturing that within myself!)

Eternal Lizdom said...

My advice? Stop measuring yourself against others. Instead, focus on making the best choices you can each day. Measure only against yourself. Was today better than yesterday?

I'm reminded of my favorite Maya Angelou quote:

"You did the best you could. And when you knew better, you did better."

Being your best doesn't mean being better than others!

Unknown said...

Measure yourself against your own yardstick. Only you can know what you are capable of.

Anonymous said...

Cut everyone else down to your level.

Less effort, more reward.

Bethany said...

For all you know the rest of the world is comparing themselves to you. Just be yourself and live a life where at the end of the day you have no regrets. Your life is yours, not Susie Smith's or the Jones' and so it will be different. All you can ever do is the best you can with what you have and what you know at the time. When you have more and know better you do more and do better.

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!