This category features news-related prompts.
- Given a headline, write the story that goes with it.
- Explain an out-of-context quote.
- Write a follow-up story to a recent event.
A list of words will be accompanied by a scenario in which to use them.
Now What? (Day 3)
Write what comes next.
- What happens next in a story or scene?
- Finish a phrase.
- Tell what happens in a situation.
Given either a first line or a set-up, write a letter appropriate to the situation.
When a new story begins, a starting paragraph will be provided. Everyone will write paragraph #2. A winner will be chosen and the next week everyone will write paragraph #3. And so on, building on the previous winners, until we reach a conclusion.
So I Have This Friend... (Day 5)
Give your best advice to this friend.
A Thousand Words (Day 6)
On this day, a photo will be provided.
- Explain what happened before (or after) this photo was taken.
- Write a caption.
Given a second chance, how would this be different? Rewrite the ending to a book, movie, scene, fable, quote, etc.
This category can be absolutely anything. Absolutely. Anything.