New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Bedrest

So I Have This Friend: Give your best advice to this friend.
So I have this friend... She is stuck basically on bedrest for most days. She is absolutely through with television. What book, DVD, or other creative idea would you suggest to her to help pass the time and keep from going crazier than she already is?

Thanks to Bethany for today's cue!

We Have A Winner!!! 03/29/10
I cannot imagine being stuck on bedrest, but if I were, the first thing I would turn to would be audio books, unabridged audio books. If my friend had the same taste I do, I would suggest the Mitford Series by Jan Karon, all of them, in order, and only the unabridged ones. Then, The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold, which is the most amazing book I have ever read. And then on to the crime stories I love so much - too many to suggest here. Throw in some Stephen King and some Maeve Binchy - yes, I have conflicting tastes : ) Since I am usually a multi-tasker, I would also suggest knitting, crocheting, making cards, scrapbooking, taking courses on line, teaching myself some software so I could become an expert and teach it on line, learning and using photo manipulation software. Many of the crafts that can be done on bedrest (like the knitting/crocheting) can be donated to very worthy causes when they start to pile up : ) Some light exercise while in bed would be a good use of time too, if it's possible.
Winner: B, as posted on her blog
Reason: Since this was Bethany's cue, I let her choose the winner. She chose B because "she is the only one that mentioned that even on bedrest you can do crafts that can be donated to charity which is an awesome idea to still feel useful when limited in what you can do, who suggested audio books, and who suggested taking an online course."

6 comments:

B : ) said...

http://bleemcguire.blogspot.com/2010/03/skywatch-friday-fertilizer-friday-seven.html

Eternal Lizdom said...

Teach herself to knit via online forums and learning tools.

Learn digital scrapbooking.

Uh.... become certified in something...

Anonymous said...

Start a blog. It worked for the rest of us. I started a blog a year ago, and I haven't done a scrap of work since.

D7

C. Beth said...

Battlestar Galactica--it's on DVD.
Watch Cylons attack, and humans flee.
The humans get stronger,
Starbuck's hair gets longer--
She should savor it all--she should watch BSG.

Traci said...

Can she borrow a laptop from someone? That might help pass the time. There are countless games that can be played. Writing really has seemed to help to make time fly too. When I was on bedrest, I had all kinds of things at my disposal just in case. (Food, drink, book, magazine, paper, pen, journal, etc.) Reading was always a nice thing to take me away to somewhere else. There are lots of crafts that you can do as well.

TMC said...

Farmville, naturally.

Barring that, read Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund. It'll take you around the world!

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!