New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sponsorship

Letters: Given either a first line or a set-up, write a letter appropriate to the situation.
Write a letter explaining why the recipient should sponsor you in an event.

Winner!!! (11/28/09)
Dear Major Sportswear Company,

I've got brains, but I don't have much brawn
"Should I wake up to work out? Yaaaaawn."
But when I go real slow,
Fans can read your logo!
Please sponsor me in a triathlon!
And the winner is: C. Beth (@cbethblog)
Method of Selection: Seemed like a good argument - and one I agree with!

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

Dear Major Sportswear Company,

I've got brains, but I don't have much brawn
"Should I wake up to work out? Yaaaaawn."
But when I go real slow,
Fans can read your logo!
Please sponsor me in a triathlon!

Mike Trippiedi said...

To Whom It My Concern,

I am homeless and would like you to sponsor me in the cities annual Hot Dog Eating Contest. I am hungry and believe that I could eat faster than any of the other contestants. But most of all, I would just like to have the opportuntiy to be a winner at something in my life.

Thank you for your time. I can be reached in the alley behind the bus station.

Jim

MCrittenden said...

Dear Lobbyists,

I may not be the best looking...I may not be the smartest candidate. But I have never dodged any sniper fire in Bosnia, and I can't see Russia from my house. I don't have any swift catch phrases to bat away the inquisitive reporters like, "Gosh darn it", or "You betcha!" If you're tired of bailing out the wall street swine, and tasting the bitter swill of infectious liberalism, come put some lip stick on this PIG!

-Maggy the Moderate for U.S Pres in 2012

TMC said...

Dear Mr. Trump,

I'm writing you today to propose a curious challenge. You are widely held as a pompous douchebag who takes great pride in participating in celebrity feuds and other pathetic grabs at attention. You also seem to prize your dreadful hairdo. You're a smart man and realized early on that you're no looker. It was a brazen move to adopt that coif as an easy attention-getter. Well played, sir.

Anyway, I would like to propose a game of sorts. I am going to cut your hair. You won't know when or where as I'll use my ninja skills and underground connections to track you down with shears. And just to keep things interesting, I propose that you sponsor this challenge. I know that the respectability of the Miss America brand has been slipping over the past few years. I would like to wear the Miss America crown during the entirety of this game. I will be a spectacle and easy to spot, providing media attention for the Trump brand and the pagent, and making it more difficult for me to carry out my part of the challenge.

What say you, sir? Are you up for a little game??

Kind regards,

TMC

p.s. I hate New York.

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!