New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mommy Dearest

Now What?: Write what comes next.
Your mother forgot your birthday.
Uh oh... Now what?

We Have A Winner!!! 05/07/10
I call her up immediately at 9:43AM (one minute after my birth time during which she normally phones me), pout a lot and make her feel guilty, then plop myself in her kitchen until she makes me spaghetti and meat sauce and garlic bread and carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Then give her a hug. :)
Winner: Sassy Britches
Reason: Full of win - and yum!

6 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

My Mommy Dearest forgetting my birthday would definitely be the go-ahead for me to start using wire coat hangers again.

Sassy Britches said...

I call her up immediately at 9:43AM (one minute after my birth time during which she normally phones me), pout a lot and make her feel guilty, then plop myself in her kitchen until she makes me spaghetti and meat sauce and garlic bread and carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Then give her a hug. :)

Isabella said...

I wouldn't give it much thought, to be honest. I'd still celebrate the dickens out of the day...no matter who called and who didn't. :)

Anonymous said...

She does that a lot actually.

On the day I turned 13 she took me to the library, and then asked me what day it was when filling our the paperwork for me to get an "adult" card.

Yeah. It happens a lot.

C. Beth said...

I'm mad! I am! Yesirree Bob!
Mad as a big ol' angry mob!
You know, Mom,
I think you're the bomb,
But forgetting birthdays is my job!

summerfield said...

"i'm forgetting something," she says.

"wonder what it is," i hiss.

"someone's birthday, i reckon, but i can't remember who it is."

"mom, it's my birthday, how could you forget!"

"dear child, pardon me, but i'm 98!"

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!