New here? Want to know how it works? Click here!

The condensed directions: Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.

The number one rule? Have FUN!!!

05/23 - I'll be naming final winners this week!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Failing and Falling

Now What?: Write what comes next.
You have to give a very important presentation to the president of the company. As you walk to the podium, you trip and fall flat on your face.
What do you say or do?

I haven't done this but I've witnessed something very similar. Horrifying.

We Have A Winner!!! 03/03/10
"Don't worry, I prepared for the presentation, just not so much the walking bit."=
Winner: Lora
Reason: GREAT responses all around on this cue. I laughed a lot and have made some notes for the next time my two left feet claim victory.

9 comments:

sefcug said...

Get up, brush yourself off, and start the presentation off by saying something similar to:

"That is just a metaphoric explanation of what is going to happen to this company, if we don't start doing something, and soon.

This presentation will show some ways our department can help."

Continue as if nothing occurred.

The key is to make the president think it is an integral part of the presentation.

******

I have not had this happen, but I think this would be the way to handle it.

Eternal Lizdom said...

This won't win me any badges... but totally DITTO sefcug. I would make it part of my presentation.

TMC said...

I think I'd giggle a bit, get up, go to the podium and say something like "Have I got your attention?"

Cindy said...

Laugh at myself, while my ears are burning bright red ('cuz I know they are!) then say something silly like, "My name is Cindy, but you can call me Grace!" I'd probably stammer out the beginning sentences of my presentation because my mind would be replaying the stupid fall all over again because I'm just lame like that. But yeah, you have to laugh at yourself or your doomed!!

Cindy said...

OMG I totally meant "or YOU'RE doomed" how embarrassing! I would never say, "your doomed!" in my right mind.

ok, laughing at myself isn't helping...

Heather said...

A Few Thoughts:

"I've always liked Sandra Bullock" (Miss Congeniality)

"That will be hard to follow"

"Now that I have gotten that out of the way, the rest of the presenters don't have to worry about it."

*** In my dance performances/ competitions, there are always some new people performing. There biggest fear is falling down in front of the judges or audiences. This prompt reminds me of this frequent conversation. I always ask them if they want me to take the first fall or if we should plan a strategic place that everyone falls so we can blame the floor's slipperiness. ***

Lora said...

"don't worry, I prepared for the presentation, just not so much the walking bit."

Jazzbumpa said...

Gather up my stuff, walk nonchalantly to the podium and announce, "Don't worry. I'm not going to sue."

Cheers!
JzB

C. Beth said...

I'd stand up in that lecture hall,
And I'd give a smile to all.
"Excuse me," I'd say,
"But this conference today--
I thought it was scheduled for fall."

Post a Comment

Answers below, please!